Sunday, November 27, 2016

Sunday Night Suds - Jack-o Traveler Pumpkin Shandy

This week's Sunday Night Suds extends Thanksgiving one more week by reviewing Jack-o Traveler Pumpkin Shandy.

The Shandy is the Americanized version of the German Radler which combined lemonade and lager in what can only be termed an unholy alliance. American breweries have taken this combination light years further, including the Traveler line produced by the Boston Beer Company which fuses lemonade, lager and basically anything else they can think of and produces various "Shandy" products.

Although its one week post Thanksgiving, I wanted to give this Pumpkin infused Shandy a try. The first sips had some nice pumpkin and cinnamon notes and I thought that I might like this beer. But then the lemonade started to kick in and the syrupy sweet flavor overwhelmed my palate. I could not bring myself to finish the beer in my glass, let alone the bottle and I found myself wondering how I had even considered this to be drinkable.

The Jack-o Traveler Pumpkin Shandy is under the Kosher Supervision of the Star-K and has a Star-K certification mark on the label. To see what the experts on Beer Advocate think about this brew, please follow this link - beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/31442/98924/

As always, please remember to drink responsibly and to never waste good beer unless there is no designated driver. If you've tried this beer or any others which have been reviewed on the kosher beers site, please feel free to post your comments (anonymous comments are acceptable). 

If you are reading this post more than six months after it was written, please note that it is possible that the product is no longer still certified kosher. To verify that the product is still certified kosher, please click on the kosher beers list link on the top left corner of the blog.

If you have seen this post being carried on another site, please feel free to click www.kosherbeers.blogspot.com to find other articles on the kosherbeers blogsite. Hey its free and you can push my counter numbers up!

No comments: