Sunday, October 19, 2014

Sunday Night Suds - New Belgium Tour De Fall Pale Ale



This week's Sunday Night Suds looks at New Belgium's Tour De Fall Pale Ale.

Picked this beer up at Binny's (Skokie) while visiting Chicago for Sukkos. Although the Tour De Fall was not included in the mix your own six pack section, the staff was nice enough to allow me to mix it into my six pack from the shelves.

The Tour De Fall poured a dark orange with incredible lacing on the glass. There was good citrus and pine in the first sip which continued all the way through to the aftertaste. This is not the strongest American Pale Ale which I have ever tried, but although the flavors are not extremely pronounced, the beer is quite tasty. I would recommend this beer for someone looking to ease into Pale Ales from lagers. 

I enjoyed my Tour De Fall with an Asian chicken vegetable soup. The beer would probably go better with spicier fare, but it did not clash with the ginger accented soup.

New Belgium Tour De Fall Pale Ale is under the Kosher Supervision of the Scroll-K of Colorado. Although the beer does not bear the kosher symbol on the label, I have verified its kashruth with the Scroll-K and it is listed on the LOC. Often times, a kosher symbol can be found on the bottom of the six pack holder for New Belgium products. Unfortunately, I did not buy a six pack of this beer, so I could not verify that it is found on the bottom of the Tour De Fall Pale Ale six pack holder.

Please note that not every brew produced by New Belgium is under kosher supervision. For a list of the New Belgium brews currently under supervision, please click on the link on the left side of my home page for my latest Kosher Beer List.

To see what the experts on Beer Advocate think about New Belgium Tour De Fall Pale Ale, please follow this link beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/192/131439. As always, please remember to drink responsibly and to never waste good beer unless there is no designated driver.

If you've tried this beer or any others which have been reviewed on the kosher beers site, please feel free to post your comments (anonymous comments are acceptable).

Finally, if you have seen this post being carried on another site, please feel free to click www.kosherbeers.blogspot.com to find other articles on the kosherbeers blogsite. Hey its free and you can push my counter numbers up!

No comments: