Sunday, June 15, 2014

Sunday Night Suds - Samuel Adams Rebel IPA


This week's Sunday Night Suds toast dads everywhere with Samuel Adams Rebel IPA and wishes them all a Hoppy Father's Day.

I thought that I had seen it all. Kids came home from school with bookmarks which were made to look like ties. There were pen and pencil holders made from classroom objects. Of course there were cards galore. But this year, Tali (my youngest daughter) was very creative and made me a beer bottle label for Father's Day. I am not sure that she intended to be punny, but it seems from the label that she wanted this year's Father's Day to be filled with hops. So with this kind of prompting, how could I not review one of Samuel Adams newest IPA, the West Coast Style Rebel IPA.

As an introduction, I can't tell you that I have any clue what makes this beer a "rebel". The Rebel IPA bills itself as "brewed for the revolution", but there is no information on their website or the bottle to explain which revolution they are referring to. Since its "West Coast Style" they can't mean the american revolution. I also don't think they are referring to the industrial revolution, as that did not have its roots out west either. 

While I cannot offer insight as to what makes this beer a "rebel", I can tell you with all certainty that it is an IPA. The first drink was all pine and the florals quickly picked up with each sip. The beer pours a dark copper and holds its foam longer than many other Sam Adams products. Each successive sip brought citrus and bite and the beer easily rivals Sam Adams' premiere IPA, the Latitude 48 IPA.

The Samuel Adams Rebel IPA is under the Kosher Supervision of the Star-K and has a Star-K certification mark on the label. To see what the experts on Beer Advocate think about this brew, please follow this link - beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/35/95386

As always, please remember to drink responsibly and to never waste good beer unless there is no designated driver. If you've tried this beer or any others which have been reviewed on the kosher beers site, please feel free to post your comments (anonymous comments are acceptable). 

If you have seen this post being carried on another site, please feel free to click www.kosherbeers.blogspot.com to find other articles on the kosherbeers blogsite. Hey its free and you can push my counter numbers up!

No comments: