Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sunday Night Suds - Blue Moon Gingerbread Spice Ale


This week's Sunday Night Suds looks at Blue Moon's Gingerbread Spice Ale.

As has been their trademark as of late, Blue Moon continues to introduce a special limited release seasonal beer in the Brewmasters Sampler box. Where in years past it has been the Caramel Spice Apple Ale, this year Miller/Coors has introduced a Gingerbread Spiced Ale in its place.

After buying the Brewmasters Sampler Box a week ago, I put this bottle in the fridge to chill until Friday night. The Gingerbread Spiced Ale poured a light brown in my glass with a small amount of foam at the top of the pour. As I brought it to my face, I immediately smelled the spice, but did not detect any gingerbread. As I drank the beer with Mrs KB and some friends at our Shabbos table, I noted the sweetness which was added to the brew. Although the beer was certainly sweet, it was not cloying. I could see drinking this during a meal with rich sweet foods (such as Purim or even a Sukkos meal). Having said that, I did not really pick up the ginger in the "gingerbread". However, even if the use of the "gingerbread" in the name was a marketing technique, the beer is a nice change of pace for a dessert beer.

Blue Moon Gingerbread Spiced Ale Ale is certified kosher by the Orthodox Union. For the experts take on the Blue Moon Gingerbread Spiced Ale, please click here beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/306/103720.

As always, please remember to drink responsibly and to never waste good beer unless there is no designated driver.

If you've tried this beer or any others which have been reviewed on the kosher beers site, please feel free to post your comments (anonymous comments are acceptable).

If you have seen this post being carried on another site, please feel free to click www.kosherbeers.blogspot.com/ to find other articles on the kosherbeers blogsite. Hey its free and you can push my counter numbers up!

No comments: