Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday Night Suds - Laker Lager


Tonight's Sunday Night Suds beer review goes on the road to Chicago, Illinois to look at Laker Lager. This represents the fourth Brick offering to be reviewed on this blog, but the first to have a guest reviewer.

After a long day of sukkah building and Sukkos related shopping, we patronized the Great Chicago Food and Beverage company and purchased some Burger Buddy's, Big Boy steaks and Popcorn Chicken. Unfortunately they were out of bison burgers which are my number one favorites at Great Chicago. (I would provide a link to their website, but the prices on the site are off by about a $1 per item. I suddenly found myself paying about $10 more than I thought when I came to pick up the food).

Upon my return, we ate our Great Chicago supper with gusto (despite their website menu pricing issues, the food is quite tasty) and washed it down with Laker Lager. The Heineken man praised the beer as good as did his son. When pressed as to whether it compared to Heineken, my father in law would not commit, but he did repeat that it was good.

As Laker Lager is a traditional lager with its light taste and lack of hop notes, you would expect that it would go well with fast food (and it did). I don't think that it would stand up to spicy dishes or even a cholent, but if you are looking for a beer for those who are not into a strong beer taste (think hockey game beer) this would be a smart choice.

Laker Lager is certified kosher by the Kashruth Council of Canada. For the experts' take on Laker Lager click here http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/416/8585.

As always, please remember to drink responsibly and to never waste good beer unless there is no designated driver.

If you have seen this post being carried on another site such as JBlog, please feel free to click here to find other articles on the kosherbeers blogsite. Hey its free and you can push my counter numbers up!

No comments: